- This event has passed.
Bear Lake Days
July 9 - July 11
The village of Bear Lake plays host to “Bear Lake Days” celebrating the rich heritage and history of this beautiful community in Manistee County’s North Coast Region. BLD is always held the second weekend in July, and features a grand parade, fireworks spectacle over Bear Lake, food vendors, entertainment and much more!
Schedule of Events
2021 Bear Lake Days Schedule of Events
Events and times subject to change
50/50 Tickets to Support Future Bear Lake Days available in the community and under the tent! ($5.00 each)
Thursday, July 8th, 2021
7 – 9 pm: PRE-PARTY AT THE GRILLE 44 – live entertainment “Awesome Distraction”
Friday, July 9th, 2021
- 8 am: KID’S FISHING CONTEST – Thru Sat. 5 pm Check in fish at Hopkins Park Boat Launch 11-12 & 5-6.
- 8 am – Sunday @ Noon: PHOTO CONTEST – Check out Bear Lake Days Facebook Page for categories. Label pictures #BLDays21.
- 10 am – Noon: KIDS POT PALS GARDEN – Kids of all ages will create their own bee-utiful bumblebee, ladybug, or butterfly pot pal. All while learning about those beneficial bugs! $15.00 at Pleasanton Valley Greenhouse US-31 North. Walk-ins welcome.
- 12 – 5 pm: WHY I LOVE BEAR LAKE – Kids drop off artwork. Drop off pictures to Saddle Up Friday starting at Noon – till Sunday at 5:00 pm snf receive a free small slushy!
- Noon thought Sunday: BEAR LAKE DAYS HARD CASH – Absolute Auto Contest will post details on Absolute Auto Facebook Page. Find the hidden rocks and turn them into Absolute for the cash written on the rock $150.00 is hidden.
- 4 pm: GOLF 9 HOLE SCRAMBLE – 2 Person at Bear Lake Course $50.00 registration fee ($25.00 per person): 11685 Chippewa Hwy (US 32) South of town. Robb Mitchell (614)581- 3354 : Paul Sanders (231)239-2414
- 4:30 – 6:30 pm: ANNUAL PIG ROAST at the Bear Lake United Methodist Church: $10.00 per person. Pick up only
- 5 – 7 pm: PROMOTERS BOOTH AND T-SHIRT SALES under the tent.
- 5 – 7 pm: SCAVENGER HUNT FOR KIDS – Pick up Scavenger Hunt List from Promoters Booth under the tent.
- 6 – 8 pm: HORSE PULL – Correct Compression on US 31 South – Southern Sin Thesis Food Truck will have food audible – Bring your chairs! No Bleachers.
- 7:00 pm Lineup: BOAT PARADE Boats to gather at the Boat Launch at Hopkins Park.
- 10 pm: LIGHT UP BEAR LAKE DAYS! Light up the Bear Lake shoreline with lights, lanterns, anything that lights up.
Saturday, July 10th, 2021
- 7 am: 5K RUN/WALK Hopkins Park for registration 7 am registration; 8:00 Fun Run starts; 8:15 5K starts.
- ALL DAY: WHY I LOVE BEAR LAKE – Kids drop off artwork – Drop off pictures to Saddle Up Friday starting at Noon – till Sunday at 5:00 pm snf receive a free small slushy!
- 9 am – 3 pm: CAR SHOW – Location: old Bar Parking Lot / Corner of US 31 and Maple Street – Chris Ware/fred May
- 9 am – 8 pm: ADAMS CHAINSAW ART & SAWMILL, Custom chainsaw carving by Brandon Adams South of Hopkins Park Entrance.
- 9 am – 5 pm: ARTS CRAFT AND VENDOR BOOTHS located on Main Street
- 9 am – 5 pm: BEAR LAKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM
- 9:30 am: LOOP THE LAKE BIKE RIDE registration 9:30 – 10:30 am. North of the Bear on US 31.
- 10 – 4 pm: BOOK SALE
- 10 – 4 pm: PROMOTERS PRETZELS, COTTON CANDY, ICE CREAM, POPCORN, WATER Food Court.
- 10 – 4 pm: TRIGINTA BRATS, HOTDOGS, WATER, POP, AND CHIPS Food Court
- 10 – 5 pm: SCAVENGER HUNT FOR KIDS – Pick up Scavenger Hunt List from Promoters Booth under the tent.
- 10 – 6 pm: PROMOTERS BOOTH AND T-SHIRT SALES under the tent.
- 8 am – Sunday @ noon: PHOTO CONTEST – Check out Bear Lake Days Facebook Page for categories. Label pictures #BLDays21.
- 10 – 6 pm: TRIGINTA CLUB SILENT AUCTION at the Bear Lake Township Meeting Room. Saturday only.
- 10 am: FOOD TRUCKS: Steelhead Cafe, Lumber Jill’s Concessions, Southern Sin Tesis, Tots of Burgers, Taqueria Guanajuato, Trinity Lutheran Church Donut Wagon, Popcorn Goblin, Triginta and Promoters. Located on Lynn Street.
- 11- 12, 5-6, ends at 6 pm: KID’S FISHING CONTEST – (continues) Check in fish at Hopkins Park Boat Launch 11-12 & 5-6.
- 11 – 1 pm: KIDS ACTIVITIES & FIRE TRUCKS on display. At Fire Department
- 11 am; 1 pm; 3 pm: LUMBER JACK SHOW – Museum Parking Lot (20-40 min show) Bring your chair.
- 12 – 5 pm: SWEET SHARLIE ON THE DECK – Maggles
- 12 – 3 pm: DUNK TANK – Dunk your local celebs! Location: Fiber Credit Union Parking Lot.
- 12 – 4 pm: CARRIAGE RIDES – by Post Office/Museum.
- 2:00 pm: MAGICIAN JOHN RUSSELL – under the tent.
- 2 pm – 4/5: CORN HOLE COMPETITION – $50 per team. 10 team limit. Register by July 2nd. Contact Pleasant Valley Greenhouses 231- 864-3517 or visit www.pleasantongreenhouses.com. Bear Lake Township Parking Lot.
- 3 – 5 pm: 1, ROCKS under the tent.
- 3:30 pm: WATERMELON EATING CONTEST – Register at Promoters Booth under the Tent Friday 5-7 pm, Saturday 12-2.
- 6 – 7:30 pm: SCOTTVILLE CLOWN BAND performs at the Blarney Warehouse Parking Lot (Bring your own chairs!)
- 4 – 7 pm: Pick up parade candy bags at Filer Credit Union.
- 8 pm: BEAR LAKE DAYS PARADE line up at 7 pm at the Bear Lake High School.
- After Parade and prior to Fireworks: ENTERTAINMENT: The Cool Family Concert under the tent.
- Dusk: FIREWORKS AT DUSK over the lake.
Sunday, July 11th, 2021
- 8 – 11 am: BEAR LAKE PANCAKE BREAKFAST – Lakeside Cafe.
- 10 – 5 pm: WHY I LOVE BEAR LAKE – Kids drop off artwork – Drop off pictures to Saddle Up Friday starting at Noon – till Sunday at 5:00 pm snf receive a free small slushy!
- 10:30 – 12 pm: FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH SERVICE under the tent with The Cook Family in Concert
Noon: BEAR LAKE DAYS 50/50 DRAWING – Bear Lake Township Hall – Need not be present to win!