Manistee County Visitors Bureau has a position open for an Administrative Marketing Assistant.
You will act as the ‘face’ of our Visitors Center and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, providing directions, suggesting activities, lodging, and dining experiences. Responsibilities include making meeting arrangements, preparing reports, and maintaining the marketing assets of the Visitors Bureau. If you have previous experience as an administrative assistant or office manager, with bookkeeping skills and a desire to grow in the destination marketing world, we’d like to meet you.
This is a full-time, year round position.
The Administrative Marketing Assistant (AMA) is to provide a pleasant experience for visitors and locals when requesting information, directions, and options for lodging & dining experiences. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Manistee County region. The AMA is responsible for greeting visitors, answering phone requests, fulfilling website leads, and maintaining the Visitors Center brochure stock. The AMA will provide marketing and administrative support to the Executive Director, including meeting preparation and bookkeeping data entry. Must have a desire to work and learn in a small office environment.
- Maintain posted Visitor Center hours.
- Ensure outstanding customer service in the Visitors Center.
- Greet walk-ins, assist with finding accommodations, suggest activities, share event calendar, give directions, maps, information and invite people to stay in the Manistee region.
- Make an effort to assist our guests with all questions; Google all questions we can’t answer.
- Maintain the brochure displays in the Visitors Center, and contact tourism partners for current brochures, rack cards and guides.
- Perform routine updates and maintenance to the countywide event calendar.
- Take appropriate action to ensure representation of all Manistee County events.
- Bookkeeping, data entry of accounts receivable and accounts payable with an eye to detail for accurate line item accounting.
- Lead fulfillment requests.
- Monitor office supply stock and order office supplies.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Schedule Board and Committee meetings, reserve meeting space, send meeting notices and reminders.
- Prepare Board and Committee meeting packets.
- Attend Board meetings and record minutes.
- Work cooperatively with the membership, management, co-workers, vendors, and the public.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintain Visitors Center hours and welcome the public.
- Promote the local tourism economy and ensure that tourism assets are communicated.
- Ensure an accurate and complete event calendar representing all of Manistee County.
- Support the Executive Director and ensure administrative tasks are complete.
- Ensure all work is completed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive member and tourism partner relationships.
- The level of hospitality and assistance extended to our guests.
- The knowledge and use of our tourism assets.
- The quality of completed work.
- The ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Cooperation with and feedback from members, partners, vendors and co-workers.
- The ability to represent the organization professionally.
A high school education with relevant work experience.
Although not required, 2-5 years in hospitality, retail or an office environment.
Minimum Skills Required
Strong computer skills.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Strong written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to complete work thoroughly with limited tries and attention to detail.
Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple interruptions.
Minimum Physical Expectations
Physical activity that frequently requires lifting and/or moving items under 50 lbs. Physical activity that often requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, climbing, and kneeling.
Minimum Environmental Expectations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently working without supervision. This is a full-time position, generally consisting of 8-hour shifts/5 days per week. Some weekends or overtime hours are necessary.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to help us promote and grow the tourism economy to: Kathryn@VisitManisteeCounty.com
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Kathryn Kenny, Executive Director
Manistee County Visitors Bureau