In 1874, the Swedes and Norwegians left the Danes at what has become Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 300 Walnut St. The Swedes and Norwegians then built their own church at 331 Fourth St., which became the First Scandinavian Lutheran Church.
The Swedes left the Norwegians in 1884 and the structure became the Norwegian Lutheran Church, which closed in 1948. It was the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses when it was listed on the Michigan State Register of Historic Sites in 1987. Today the building has been renovated into a modern office.