- $5 - $9
- 10 - $15
Founded in 2015, the Iron Works Café is owned and operated by the Non Profit known as the Manistee Community Kitchen. The café serves the community by offering healthy food, cooking instruction, and healthy catering. The community Kitchen serves many purposes in the community regarding community gardens, and food rescue services.
Manistee Community Kitchen is establishing Iron Works Cafe to pursue its mission of providing access to healthy foods and teaching how to make healthy wholesome food choices. Our success with food rescue, community gardens and farmers markets has led to this opportunity.
The Iron Works Cafe is all about community:
- creating a community gathering place
- building a true community kitchen that can be used by local citizens
- purchasing fresh and high quality food from local farmers
- designing a comfortable homey atmosphere with touches of local history
- offering an authentic, moderately priced dining experience
- preparing old-fashioned comfort food served in a new-fashioned healthy way
- preserving an historic landmark