The Manistee County Travel & Tourism community update for the ongoing COVID-19 global health concern.
Tourism Related Business Updates
Business information subject to change, we are currently updating and monitoring the status of our area businesses as we receive updated information. Please contact the business directly with any questions.
- Annie’s Kozy Kitchen: Closed.
- Big Al’s Pizza & Subs: Open for delivery and pick up. Regular business hours Sunday thru Thursday 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. until midnight. Please call 723-6239 or 723-6230
- Blue Fish Kitchen + Bar: Closed Monday & Tuesday. The Wednesday family 4 pack is Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese with Penne noodles in addition to salad and French bread for $19.95. You can order from the condensed dinner menu also found on our webpage. https://www.bluefishkitchenbar.com/ We are taking orders starting at 2 pm: 231-887-4188. Food will be available for pickup between 4pm – 8pm.
- Dairy Queen: Closed.
- Iron Fish Distillery: Distillery and Tasting Room is closed to the public. We hope this reaches you in good health and spirits. Iron Fish Distillery is responding, the very best we can, to the critical need for hand sanitizer in our community. We are working to supply the urgent and current need by organizations and individuals working in health, safety and critical services. If you fall into one of these categories and require hand sanitizer, we invite you to call the distillery at 231.378.3474 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- House of Flavors: Closed
- Manistee National Golf & Resort: Restaurant opening May 1st. Call (231) 398-0123 for more information
- North Channel Brewing: We’ve updated our to-go menu. Burgers w/pickles and chips are now $8 & $10. Sale price on two of our delicious beers. Salt City Blonde & Irish Red growlers are now only $10 each!! Pint cans of those same beers are only $3 each. Stock up your beer fridge starting Thursday 3pm-7pm.Offering a new curb-side menu at NorthChannelBrewing.com. Thursday through Sunday 12pm-7pm. Beer can be purchased in cans and growlers. Call 231-299-1020.
- Onekama EZ Market: Give yourself a break and order a breakfast pizza for everyone. 231-889-4514
- Painted Lady Saloon: Hello everyone,Today we are featuring our Hot Pork Sandwich for $8.95 half order $6.50. We also have a 10 piece Broasted Chicken bucket with 10 Broasted potato wedges for $13.95. Take out, curb side or local delivery, Call us at 723-2487.
- Redneck Yacht Club (Billy Ray & Dani Lees LLC): Open Mon-Wed, 12pm-9pm, Thur-Sat, 11am-10pm and Sun, 11am-9pm. Offering curb-side or carry-out of their full menu. Call (231) 949-4993
- Taco ‘Bout It: Guess what day it is, it’s Taco Tuesday! All of our taco plates and a la carte tacos are 25% off! All plates come with a free soft drink, $2 bottled beer, or cider. Remember, we can deliver beer and wine! Buy any entree and get 50% off a growler fill!
Call 231.887.4441 to order! 🚚
- TJ’s Pub: Turkey Bacon Sub with lettuce, tomato, onion and a side of honey mustard! We’re here until 8pm for take out or delivery! Give us a call 231.398.9174!
- Trak’s Bar & Grill: Open for all takeout orders including beer and wine! We are also providing an every hour delivery service to Tippy Dam with our entire menu, beer and spirits! Please make orders at least 45 minutes in advance. Call 231-477-5944
- Arcadia Bluffs: Opening Lodge March 23. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner dining options will be available for room service or pick up in our dining room (*limited to our house guests only). For more information or to book accommodations please call (800) 494-8666.
- Arcadia House Bed & Breakfast: Open, Call (231) 889-4394 for more information
- Bear Lake Bed and Breakfast: Open, Call (231) 864-2242 for more information
- CENTURY 21 Boardwalk Vacation Rentals: Accepting reservations after April 15. Plan your vacation at c21boardwalkrentals.com Call (231) 645-7368 for more information.
- Crystal Adventures: Open, Call (231) 378-2831 for more information
- Days Inn: Closed until April 6. Call (231) 723-8385 for more information
- Dempsey Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn: Open, Call (616) 802-4588 for more information
- Inn at the Alpine: Open, Call (231) 889-4281 for more information
- Insta Launch Campground & Marina: Opening April 1. Call (231) 723-3901 for more information
- Lake Shore Motel: Opening April 1, Call (231) 723-2667 for more information
- Little River Casino Resort: ‼️UPDATED ALERT‼️: In cooperation with Governor Whitmer’s Stay at Home, Stay Safe order regarding the efforts to slow the COVID-19 spread, Little River Casino Resort will be extending its voluntary closure. It is our intent to re-open April 14, 2020, pending any unforeseen circumstances. Hotel guest’s reservations are automatically canceled during this period. All events, offers, and promotions are canceled up to April 14th. To stay informed regarding any future announcements continue to monitor our website, Facebook and sign up for access to your River Rewards account by going to the “My Rewards” page on our website and following the instructions. Little River Casino Resort continues to support the well-being of our team members and will continue to compensate them during this extended closure period. We wish everyone the best as we all work through these trying times. Call (231) 723-1535 for more information
- Manistee National Golf & Resort: Lodging opening May 1. Call (231) 398-0123 for more information
- Manistee Outpost Motel: Open, Call (231) 723-7500 for more information
- Microtel Inn & Suites: Open, Call (231) 398-0008 for more information
- Northwoods Cabins: Open, Call (231) 848-4573 for more information
- Pleasant Valley Resort Motel: Opening May 1. Call (231) 889-4194 for more information
- Portage Lake Motel: Closed until April 1. Call (231) 889-4921 for more information
- Portage Point Resort: Open, Call (231) 889-7500 for more information
- Ramsdell Inn: Open, Call (231) 398-7901 for more information
- Super 8: Open, Call (231) 794-6140 for more information
- Sunset Valley Resort: Opening May 7. Call (231) 889-5987 for more information
- Unsalted Vacations: Open, Call (616) 224-0005 for more information
- West Shore Rentals: Open, Call (231) 723-6599 for more information
- G&D Alpaca Farm: Opening May 15. facebook.com/gdalpacafarm/ for more information.
- Little River Casino Resort: ‼️UPDATED ALERT‼️: In cooperation with Governor Whitmer’s Stay at Home, Stay Safe order regarding the efforts to slow the COVID-19 spread, Little River Casino Resort will be extending its voluntary closure. It is our intent to re-open April 14, 2020, pending any unforeseen circumstances. Hotel guest’s reservations are automatically canceled during this period. All events, offers, and promotions are canceled up to April 14th. To stay informed regarding any future announcements continue to monitor our website, Facebook and sign up for access to your River Rewards account by going to the “My Rewards” page on our website and following the instructions. Little River Casino Resort continues to support the well-being of our team members and will continue to compensate them during this extended closure period. We wish everyone the best as we all work through these trying times.
- Manistee County Library: Programs, events, and meeting room reservations cancelled through April 5th. Visit manisteelibrary.org for more information.
- Manistee National Golf Resort: Opening golf course April 17th. Visit manisteenational.com for more information.
- Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts: Postponed events through May 15th. Visit ramsdelltheatre.org for more information.
- The Vogue Theatre: The Vogue Theatre will remain closed through April 9th. Visit voguetheatremanistee.org for more information.
- West Shore Community College: Ice Arena, Recreation Center and Campus closed until further notice.
- Douglas Valley Tasting Rooms: Closed til further notice
- Glik’s: Open, call (231) 723-1105 for more information
- The Ideal Kitchen: Closed. Watch Facebook for new arrivals and cooking inspiration. If at any time, you need something, Please feel free to contact me via private message or email. We will be happy to ship or curbside pickup. Stay healthy, strong and positive my friends.💖 Call (231) 398-9895 for more information.
- Kellie’s Hallmark Shop: Open, call (231) 723-6449 for more information
- Manistee Beverage Company: Open and offering curb-side service. Call (231) 887-4644 for more information
- Maryann’s Antiques: Closed until April 1. Call (231) 398-9433 after their opening date for more information
- Northern Spirits Gifts: Open but some classes may be cancelled. Call (231) 398-0131 for more information
- Patina: Opening May 1. Call (312) 909-0115 for more information
- Redeemed: Closed. Offering online art classes. Call 231-887-4222 Tuesday thru Saturday 11-6 and Sunday 12-4.
- Snyder’s Shoes: Closed. Call (231) 723-3383 for more information.
- Surroundings: Closed. Unfortunately, we are required to close our doors during the COVID-19 quarantine stay at home order. We will open as soon as the order is lifted. Everyone stay safe and healthy during this time. – Karen, Oscar, Terri and Jenni
- Tippy Dam Recreation Area: Closed
Message from the Executive Director:
Manistee, MI (03-20-20) – Over the past week, email inboxes have been flooded with communications from companies and organizations responding to this unprecedented health crisis that we face globally. All of us are having to process information at a rapid rate, as we deal with a heightened level of anxiety and stress. We created this Safe Travels page as a one stop resource and we’re committed to monitoring the state of our health crisis, special business services and cancellations.
Of utmost importance is the health and safety of our community in which we live, work and visit. At some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, the world will return to a more normal vibe. Until then, we will work together to rise and meet the challenges coming our way.
Our thoughts are with all those who have been impacted. Our organization is monitoring information as it becomes available, as well as collaborating with our partners in tourism at the state and national level and have listed those resources for you to access at the bottom of this page.
While we cannot predict when it will be business as usual in the days and weeks ahead, we will continue to provide information and clear communication as decisions about both business operations and state of events are made.
As a community, we can be diligent, follow official recommendations, and still live our lives while enjoying what the Manistee County region has to offer. We also are committed to supporting the individuals who rely on our spending to keep them at work so they can provide for their families.
Here are some ways you can still enjoy Manistee County safely (following proper hygiene and social distancing measures) while supporting Manistee County businesses:
- Enjoy Manistee’s many outdoor spaces that offer plenty of room for social distancing:
- Drive the sites along one of Manistee County’s 14 themed self-guided trails encompassing 375 sites and 835 miles – from eight themed Manistee County Historic Sites Tours documenting 100 historic sites throughout the county, to Natural Wonders, to Bridges and Dams.
- Order takeout or delivery service (where applicable) from your favorite restaurant (and tip your server).
- Purchase a gift certificate to your favorite Manistee area restaurant or entertainment venue.
- Plan your vacation to Manistee County using our tools at visitmanisteecounty.com or talking to one of our staff members at (877) 626-4783.
This situation will continue to change, and we suggest you return to this page regularly for updates as well as consult the online resources listed below.
Munson Health Care Manistee Hotline: 231.935.0951 ext. 5 to speak to a nurse between 7am-7pm
Health Department District #10
State Resources: COVID-19 Hotline 1-888-535-6136