ARCHITECT: Frederick Velguth
At the start of 1887 a committee in Arcadia was assembled to begin plans for a church. Local settler and lumberman, Henry Starke donated the land with Milwaukee architect Frederick Velguth making the plans for the building. Work soon commenced for the Lutheran Church that same year. One year later, the church was completed and it was dedicated on August 5, 1888.
The gorgeous building is a 40 ft. x 60 ft. building with a 106 foot tower. Many of the furnishings original to the church were done locally. The wood to construct the church came from the Starke Sawmill, pews were made from Arcadia birdseye maple, and the clock wad made by famed watchmaker, Nels Johnson of Manistee.