CONSTRUCTED: Circa 1872
In July 1872, local businessman Peter Jones contracted for the construction of a brick building to serve as a combination dwelling and grocery/drug store. Over the next several years, Jones developed a large business among his German brethren.
After Jones passed away his wife continued the operation of the store until it was leased to the Manistee and North Eastern Railroad Co. and served as their “River Street Station and Ticket Office”.
The dwelling portion of the building was used as a residence by the family until 1952.