CONSTRUCTED: Circa 1860s
This Greek Revival home was built in the 1860s, as a large two-story structure with a tower in the middle.
When the new Canfield mansion was built in the early 1870s on 4th St. the tower was removed and the two remaining sections were pulled apart and moved, creating the two houses at 410 Cedar and 414 Cedar.
These were occupied by two of the Canfield daughters and their families for many years. Recently, 414 Cedar went through extensive exterior renovations to restore much of the architectural detailing that was original to the 1860 home.