In 1894, local businessman, F.C. Larsen had this mammoth solid brick building constructed for his wholesale grocery store. Upon completion it housed the first cold storage facility in the city. The building later went on to house a furniture store and an auto parts store.
Much of the utilitarian detail that existed in the late 1800s still remains intact today. Even though the building may not be that much to look at, its 100+ year age makes it one that is well worth the mention on the historic buildings tour.