The Larsen Brothers were the sellers of second hand goods. So flourishing was their business that in 1879 they leased the brand new Taber Block. It was then reputed as the largest and finest showroom on the “east coast.” Two of the three brothers ran this business, expanding it in 1899 to the east, adding a clock tower and one of the first elevators in town.
Their merchandise included everything from dry goods to clothing. In 1913 the original building burned and the existing building was built. The remaining Larsen brother rented the building to F.J. Zielinski and Co. It has since housed an A & P grocery store, Quality Discount, Bear Furniture, and is presently occupied by Jackpine Business Centers.