Enjoy this 11+ mile trail system along the high banks of the Big Manistee River between Tippy Dam and Hodenpyle Dam. There are numerous rustic campsites located throughout the area and many beautiful scenic overlooks. Make a weekend of camping and hiking by taking the Manistee River Tail/North Country Trail loop.
The beauty of the Manistee River Trail is that it really is a trail for all skill levels. Many parts are flat along the bluffs overlooking the Manistee River. When you do have elevation changes, they are short in distance so you can move at your own pace.
Download a complete map of the Manistee River Trail, North Country Trail Loop and amenities available in the region!
Trail Access Points
Common Access Points - download forest service map for details
- Red Bridge
- Upper River Trailhead
- Seaton Creek Campground
- Slagle Creek Road (two track, recommend 4x4 vehicle)
Points of Interest
- Waterfall near Mile Marker 3
- Suspension Bridge crossing river near Hodenpyl Dam
- Overlook of Manistee River/Primative Camping area near Mile Marker 6/7
- Arquilla Creek Crossing Near Mile Marker 9 - Large Log Bridge